Sunday, July 6, 2008

PARABÉNS A S.S. DALAI LAMA !



Poema escrito por Tsoltim N. Shakabpa,


na ocasião do Dia Mundial do Tibete e do 73º Aniversário de S.S. Dalai Lama


For years you have labored for our freedom

To realize our rights and our own kingdom

Now at age seventy three

You pray most fervently

You reason most wisely

You work so endlessly

For mankind's betterment

And Tibetan sentiment


At seventy three

You're like a tree

Growing branches of love

Showing kindness thereof

To the ignorant you impart knowledge

Which they most thankfully acknowledge

To evil you remain unbowed

I cry out loud you make me proud


I pray for your happiness

I pray for your agelessness

I thank you for your selflessness

For gifting me with consciousness

May your wisdom never cease to exist

May it spread like wild fire in our midst

May your compassion overcome evil in this world

And for justice leave no stone unturned or flag unfurled


Happy birthday, Your Holiness

Happy everyday, Your Blessedness


Copyright: Tsoltim N. Shakabpa - July 6, 2008

No comments: